Mannkobe Enterprises – Refunds and Returns Policy
The Community Forum website, mobile website, and other Community forum branded online properties (“Online Content“) is owned and operated by Mannkobe Enterprises (ABN 33 497 866 231).
At Mannkobe Enterprises we understand that there may come a time where you need to return a product that you have purchased from us. We want to make the returns process as simple and easy as possible for you.
Our Refunds and Returns Policy
If any product you purchase from us is not fit for its usual purpose or of acceptable quality (through no fault of your own), or you have simply changed your mind we will gladly exchange it, refund it or can arrange for it to be repaired subject to the points below.
What we ask of you:
- When returning your purchase please bring your original receipt.
- Where possible please return the product in its original packaging.
- For technology products, we may need to send your product to the manufacturer for repair or direct you to their nearest repair agent.*
- For Software and downloadable Safety Culture Materials, your return must be within 30 days of the date of purchase and your return must be under the Australian Consumer Law. Change of mind will not be accepted.
How to complete your return
- All products purchased through Mannkobe Enterprises can be returned at any Mannkobe Enterprise store.
- For help with your return, contact us via our administrative email email@example.com
*Products classified as “Technology”
- If the product you are returning is faulty and is covered by a manufacturer’s warranty then we may need to send your product or refer you to the manufacturer or repair agent for repair. Below are some examples of products that commonly come with a manufacturer’s warranty:
- Video recorders
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.